Topics of the blog

Monday 8 September 2014

JJ: this day just gets better and better!

ohhh..

When i hit the shore in Masawa, i had only six hours to get everything i need. My list was short, but God knows, how much i needed it!! Enjoy the ride, they said, enjoy the comfort, they said, enjoy hospitality, they said. After four years of life in the air force I thought i can afford a bit of luxury. Idiot.

"Dorchester" was a hospital ship during the war and that horrid hospital stench became the part of the ship and its crew. Pain, blood and spilled guts. Now the ship was pretending to became a passenger liner, but everywhere I went, a could smell its past. So after a month in the Mediterranean and Red sea we stopped at the shore to refill, and I decided to get drunk, get laid and get back on the ship before departure.  

I should have taken the plane, honestly.. my head is aching on every bump.. 

When they woke me up and kicked me out of the brothel, it was a late morning. My head was spinning around, stomach was hugging my spine and all of my cash was gone. But this day was just getting better.:

MY STINKY SHIP LEFT THE PORT!! 

There I was, alone in unknown town, err Masawa, as the sign said, hangover and with no coin. Then some local idiot decided to talk to me. BAD IDEA. When somebody is yelling at me in this state of mind, regardless of their intent, I through a punch. What can I say, I'm a great conversationalist. 


That's when police came. That pesky chap came with his pet gorilla and promised to chop my ears off. Ha! I've beaten bigger and stronger guys than him!

[after a prolonged time spent in knockout]

Seriously, why  are they driving for so long? Station can not be in that far away?! Wait where are they taking me? 

- Baba, lets get out of the town. It looks like this damn ship ignited the hornets nest. I don't  think two of us can save Masawa from it's rebellion.
- Master? 
- Drive out the town. Asmara. 
- Yes Master. 

Seriously?! THIS DAY GETS BETTER AND BETTER. Rebellion, and they are running away from it. At least they have not left me there...

- Baba. Stop the jeep, lets get rid of this drunken idiot. 
- Alex, - stepped in soft voice of the girl, - leave him be. Something tells me we might need him. Please. 
- You know, Valerie, i agree. We might need some food later on. 

Right, so there is a girl with us. Wait, what do you mean "food"?!! 
  






   

No comments:

Post a Comment