Topics of the blog

Thursday 4 September 2014

Felix Müller: He is still alive! That damn viking!


As they were preparing to board the plane as saw him from afar. God knows, I was never expecting to see him again, especially not here! That huge norwegian, looked so calm and composed, so different from the last time I saw him. Well, it was 4 years ago, almost a lifetime it seems. It was war then...


He never saw me coming from below, my Würger climbed up as he kept flying straight into my gunsight. I pulled the trigger and short burst of my cannons obliterated one of his engines and damaged his cockpit. Mosquito is a sturdy plane, and will carry on flying with one engine. So I pushed further and kept following him, as he dive into the clouds. Pilot was good, even on damaged aircraft, he avoided me and managed to land in one piece. It took me some time before I spotted the flames of the wreckage. 

Its easy to talk about it now, but back then I was high on adrenaline and bloodthirsty. That's why I went for s strafing run on pilot, who was limping through the snowy forest. Did i wanted him dead? Of course. Too bad, things went differently. 

As i made two passes, i noticed a infantry patrol  in a car and recon armoured car slowly crawling towards the plane. Someone has sent them to pick up the pilot and wreck of Storch. I may only guessed what happened to its crew. I felt the rush of hunter who suddenly got a rival for his prey. But as i made another pass things quickly went from bad to worse. First of all, my engine stalled, in the rush i failed to notice that it took damage from the Mosquitoes debris, and as took my plane for crash landing between the dense forest and abandoned lighthouse, i realised that below me was a firefight. Resistance was fighting and killing the same infantry patrol I noticed earlier. 

Luckily, they still had an armoured car, i thought as I crawled out of plane and loaded my pistol. The rush suddenly felt overwhelming, as bullets were flying over my head, and damn SS officer was sending his men towards the woods, while they were being shot at from the back. I would have been a great day to die. 

Then armored car finally made it to us and its cannon opened up on a lighthouse. In less than a minute it went quiet. I never knew the name of the officer, but he kept pushing his driver Fritz towards the shack deeper in the woods, i guess he saw me strafing the pilot in that location. So i picked up a rifle and joined them. It was my kill! Not theirs! 


The firefight was vicios, the lobbed grenades into the old house in the woods, and burst in. All i heard was clicking of their empty guns and curses, when something happened. To this day, i cant explain what or how it could have been. But there was a fight, and in a glimpse of an eye i saw this huge bloke slicing the throat of the soldiers and putting a bullet into the officer. God, he moved so fast, like an hunting animal making a final blow to its prey. 

For a second, i caught I glimpse of his eyes: filled with raw power and purpose to kill. 
I ran. As fast as I could. 

There were a grenade explosions behind me, but i did not care. Never before or later I wanted to live so much. I look at his calm and composed face again. He is just a passenger, war has been over for 4 years now. It's just a commercial flight. 

      
            

No comments:

Post a Comment