Topics of the blog

Saturday 13 December 2014

The Last transmission. (for now)


Project Closed. 
RIP. 

It has been almost a year since i've decided to make a game with a mixture of RPG, table-to wargame and political quest, where my players would be a pilots stuck in foreign land. It started as a spin-off of Aeronautica Imperialis, then transformed into x-wing themed game, only to become a post WW2 game in African setting, namely Ethiopia and Eritrea. As i'm writing this, game is canceled due to various life commitments of my players. During this turbulent year I've made so many discoveries, read and learned so much about history of Ethiopia, tactics of air combat of those times, found so many interesting stories about legendary pilots, like Doug Bader and understood how aircraft design works. My bookshelf became crowded with several relevant titles, one of which "Mercy Kill" by Aaron Allston from Star Wars X-wing series became my get-away reading and source for several scenarios played. Whats more important i grew as writer, game master and person. Organizing a game with so much of your own work is scary but rewarding process. So thank you King's Angels for all the goodness and adventures. Though incomplete you gave me more than I was expecting. I hope one day I will return to your skies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment