Topics of the blog

Monday 2 June 2014

What was your first crash?: Erik Gunnarson

As Erik Gunnarson and Adrian Boyd sip ale and whatever wacky cocktail Boyd is drinking, Norwegian takes a deep breath and tells his story.

- I got separated from my flight on a mission. Bad weather, you know. As i popped out of the clouds, i spotted one of the transports. So i dived in, guns blazing. Next thing, Bjorn, my navigator shouts, "boogie, three o'clock low!!". His last words, actually. That Würger, got me, and never saw him coming. In one burst he took out right engine and killed my best friend. I thought i still could make it home, but oil was leaking at high speed, so the other engine would cut out very soon. So i take "mossie" toward the shore, and land her as good as i can.

- Is it harder on a two engine plane?
- It is. - and Gunnar sips more of his ale. - Not proud of it, Adrian, I'm not. I ran away from my plane, leaving Bjorn in there.
- Not surprised, so did I.
- It's different. He deserved a burial at least. So I came to my senses, come back. Had to take a burning hot rod to close and close a wound in my right arm, hurt a bit, but not much. Then i take him out of burning aircraft and slowly walk towards the closest forest. If it was not for such deep snow, I'd make it half an hour. But then, this very same Würger comes back, looking for me or a plane, i never know. I hide in snow, and pray to gods that he would not see me.
- Well, i would not like to be on receiving end of cannon.
- When he left, he probably called for "welcoming committee", or whatever they have there. Less than ten minutes later Storch, appears and catches me in the open. I had to drop my friend there and run for my life. Guess what happens next?
- What they strafe you and miss?
- No. They land. And as they do, wind rapidly changes and plane crashes into the ground and roll over its nose. 
- That's bullshit. 
- Storch is very light. Winds in Norway are very strong. So think what you are saying, next time. - he gives his companion a cold look, and continues. - Three guys crawl out of the plane, one is badly shaken, but surprisingly he is the only one who sees me. Silly man, started shouting, and got a bullet from my Colt. The other one charged me with his bayonet on, even sillier than the first one. 
- Only 'case you are big does not mean you are invincible. 
- Well, his other friend squeezed couple of shots while he was running at me. I got two bullets, the German got one, but died before he reached me. Then, something happened to me... i don know. but when it was over, the last German was dead, one of the rifles lay shattered next him, and i was bleeding i bit. 
- Really? You took three, or what, two shots from a rifle at point blank and lived? Good story fella, but i doubt it. 
-Wanna see the scars? - and Erik opens the side of his shirt, showing Adrian the scars and stitches that healed, but left their marks. And something tells Adrian, that this actually happened to his companion. 
  
(GM notice: Gunnarson had some anger issue's, or may be he is blessed by Old Gods. what ever it is, he actually broke a Mauser carbine against german helmet, took two bullets and shruged 'em off, and just smashed the poor jerry into a pulp.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment